Where the bin can go

This guide is designed to help you work out where the bin is best to go. Our trucks have a crane arm, which has great flexibility. We can drop onto lower ground - we can drop a metre lower than the truck is parked on. We can drop away from the truck by 2m maximum, which means we do need to get the truck up to where you want the bin, however remember that the truck loads form the back, so we need to back the truck up close to where you need the bin.

Best spot for the bin

We suggest the drive or front lawn. The bin will not kill the grass in the 5 - 7 days it will be there, however in the middle of summer an empty bin may heat up and burn the surface of the grass. If your lawn is very soft it may leave an indent, this will recover by itself.

Avoiding other people's rubbish

Unattended skip bins are popular with passers by and sometimes neighbours. It is best to drop the bin as far onto your property as possible to avoid rubbish appearing that you will have to pay to dispose of.

Minimum access width

Our truck is 2.7m wide, so please check the width of your drive - especially right at the front if you have a pillar or gates that narrow access.

Nature Strip or Road

If you have nowhere in your property to place a bin, we can locate your bin on the front nature strip or road in front of your home. The bin must be placed parallel to the kerb. 

NOTE: Newcastle City Council require a permit to leave a bin on the Council strip or on the road. The Council charge for this and the application usually takes 3 working days. This will delay delivery of the bin. Newcastle Skip Hire will submit the paperwork and get the approval for you, the charge is additional to the bin - details here.

Commercial Locations

Please remember to get permission from the Strata Plan Management to place a skip bin, charges may apply if we have to retrieve an empty bin for which you did not have permission. Please be aware most underground car parks are not high enough for a skip truck, we usually place bins on the street - which requires a permit from Council.